Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Ice and acupuncture!

Helloooooo! I hear an echo....from so much time in between posts...

This is what I just finished doing, might look familiar...

Hello Ice!

I'm icing my left because of this:

Photo: I'm not sure how this happened....any ideas?
Last night

I have this weird bruise on the side of my left big toe- and I'm not sure why exactly.  It presented itself after I got done riding- in well broken in boots where I was wearing supportive socks...so a little confused how this happened.  But ice did help, the color is less red and more blue/purple now.

And my right foot has been bothering me a little bit- across the top like before when I had stress fracture issues- so I figured ice couldn't hurt it, I might as well double ice!

I did something really cool yesterday that I've been wanting to do for a long time- acupuncture!!  I'm really happy with the acupuncturist I worked with- she was very friendly, calm, and gentle.  It was a relaxing experience and afterwards I felt so calm and centered.  I even have some ear candy to remind me of the experience- some points she kept on my ear that are low intensity points meant to stay on for 1-2 weeks.

Photo: I'm curious if anyone has had acupuncture treatment? I had my first consult and treatment yesterday with a new friend, Laura, who was awesome!  Part of treatment was leaving these longer lasting points on my ear- fascinating! Have you had acupuncture before? Share!!!
Left ear looking sexy

Have you had acupuncture treatment before?  Tell me about it!

2 comments:

  1. I have gotten acupuncture on two areas. One my wrist - I had lost a lost of strength and range of motion after spraining it 5 times (I'm a klutz). I have also had it in my foot for plantar fasciitis. The foot was EXTREMELY painful putting the needles in, but it helped TONS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! I did find there were certain areas that were more painful- but it's helped so far! I have my second treatment today!

      Delete