Monday, September 3, 2012

From Fat to Finish Line

Like following my story and want to hear about some more inspiring people with similar experiences?  There is an awesome documentary being made about 12 inspiring people who all went from fat to fit!

12 Strangers... Over 1200 Pounds Lost... 2 Days... 200 Miles... and a race that makes testing your limits a team sport!

From Fat To Finish Line will document the journey of 12 people who share the common bond of losing 100 pounds on average and will now embark on one of the biggest challenges of their lives: The 200 mile mega distance Ragnar Relay Race.  To run a Ragnor relay in itself is pretty awesome, but to also beat your own personal demons before hand and turn your health around is inspiring and impressive!



Please consider backing or posting on social media or your blog about this awe inspiring documentary, they need our help to reach their goal of $50,000 by September 13th and get the funding they need!  Any donation or spreading of the word will help, or checkout their Facebook page, it even has weekly giveaways!

I found out about this awesome documentary through some awesome blogs I follow like: From fat to finish line, Miles, Muscles & Mommyhood, Runner12 , and Runs for Cookies.  All the members of this relay team are so inspiring, so check out the website and if you are able to, support them through KickStarter

9 comments:

  1. Colleen! Thank you soooo much for posting this. I'm glad you found me because now I found you - You have an amazing story as well. I'm excited to learn more about your journey :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I really hope you guys get the funding you need- I would hate for all your hard work to go unseen!

      Delete
    2. We're trying! We've got some ways to go to the finish line but somehow we'll get there!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for posting about our little project! I am so glad to have come across your blog (Jen told our team about it). You have had an absolutely AMAZING journey... I'm in awe at your pictures!! Congrats, I know you've worked hard at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been following your blog for months- it's awesome! I love hearing about your long runs, your first marathon, but especially your experience with surgery. I really appreciate you putting that out there for your readers. Your posts really helped answer some of my basic questions before bringing them to my doctor, I really appreciate you sharing such a personal part of your journey. :)

      Delete
  3. I love it when motivating and inspiring people use their own blogs to promote and support others. It becomes this great big circle of mutual admiration and encouragement. Thanks, Colleen, for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen thank you so much for generously upping your pledge! Wow we are super appreciative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Colleen! Even just spreading the word about our project will be a big help! We appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your support! I look forward to reading about your journey!

    ReplyDelete